The University of Illinois Springfield is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Director of the Illinois Online Network (ION). The Director is responsible for leading the pedagogical and technological support of this highly successful faculty development program, supervises faculty teaching in the program, and oversees activities for the program. In addition, the Director is responsible for establishing partnerships, securing grants, and promoting innovation in technology-assisted learning. The Director reports to the Executive Director of the Center for Online Learning Research and Service and will join a team of nationally recognized innovative practitioners at the University of Illinois Springfield.
* Provide leadership in the development of an external faculty support program for online learning
* Create and regularly revise a vision of multiple appropriate learning environments that use technology to enhance the learning process
* Oversee day-to-day operations to support ION activities, including systems infrastructure, registration and enrollments, supervision of ION instructors, marketing, partnerships, and course design and deployment
* Ensure the program aligns with the mission of COLRS and UIS excellence in online learning is fulfilled
* Maintain and extend the UIS reputation for excellence in online learning, through excellence in external faculty development, publications, and national presentations
* Oversee unit budgets
* Promote innovation and excellence in online teaching and learning with external partners
* Provide leadership in the support of faculty development programs and workshops on online learning regionally and nationally
* Seek out opportunities for collaboration in online learning research and practice with other higher education institutions nationally
* Seek external funding such as grants to expand the potential of faculty development in online learning
* Remain current in the field of online learning
This position requires a master’s degree; significant experiences in instructional design, faculty development, and teaching online at a college or university; state and/or regional recognition in the field of online learning; experience in higher education program development and deployment, ability to collaborate with a variety of constituencies; excellent oral and written skills; zeal for online learning.
Work with community colleges, universities, K-12 schools and business and industry training divisions. Conference planning and collaboration experience such as Illinois Community Colleges Online, Illinois Council on Continuing Higher Education, or Faculty Summer Institute Conference.
John Freml, M.A.
Online Learning & Faculty Development Specialist
he, him, his<www.glsen.org/article/pronouns>
Center for Online Learning, Research and Service
University of Illinois Springfield
Please use discretion when using the option to “reply-all.”
An archive of previous messages sent to this group is available at www.icche.org/resources/listserv
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ICCHE Members” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit groups.google.com/d/optout.